Have you ever had one of those days? You know the type: nothing seems to be going right, you are in some sort of unidentified funk, and everyone around you notices… I have felt that way for a couple of days. I feel like I need sunshine, but it’s been to sweltering outside. But sunshine came in a unusual and unexpected form this morning. I picked up my phone as I woke up, checking my notifications, and I found a WordPress notification. Funny how that little thing could pull me out of my little funk and remind me people out there do see and appreciate what I’m trying to do!
So, that said, muchísimas gracias to Roda at growingself.blog for recognizing me with a nomination for the Unique Blogger Award! If you haven’t seen her blog, please check it out. Roda is a former educator (22 years in the rough and tumble world of elementary education!) and now lives a farm life. She has many inspirational posts, beautiful photographs, and interesting insights. My personal favorites are her photography posts and her “Be Still” posts. And as a #PostADay blogger, she always has content to read! Seriously, check it out when you can!
- Share the link of the blogger who has shown love to you by nominating you.
- Answer the questions.
- In the spirit of sharing love and solidarity with our blogging family, nominate 5-10 people for the same award.
- Ask them 3 questions.
- What book are you reading at the moment? So, I am trying to read If I Have to Tell You One More Time… by Amy McCready. The funny thing about reading parenting books is that you can’t really take the time to sit and read them because you’re busy, well, parenting. I don’t get to read books very often, but I listen to audio books a LOT. Especially during the school year, when I can listen on the 20-minute drive to and from school.
- If you could have dinner with a famous person, from any time period, who would it be? This is such a hard question! I really have a hard time narrowing it down, so here are a few options.
- Rhett McLaughlin and Link Neal – Yes, I know that’s two people. But they are a team, a package deal. They remind me of my best friend and me. They are remarkably entertaining, and I would love to just hang out with them. Rhett and I have some very similar personality traits, and I think it would be interesting to explore that.
- BB King – Blues guitar legend… I could sit and listen to him tell stories of his life and career forever. And if he could teach me some things after dessert, all the better!
- Rob Paulsen – You know who he is, even if you don’t know who he is. Voice actor of my childhood. I would love to meet him!
- What is the most unique thing about you? Hm…… I used to think I was unique. Now I feel like I’m pretty forgettable. Or rather, nothing really that different that any other guy who used to be in a band and is now a high school teacher.
*I know that, for whatever reason, not everyone chooses to participate in the award nomination process. But hopefully nominating the following blogs, I am able to introduce you not only some wonderful bloggers, but great people! If you choose to take part, that’s awesome! If not, no worries! Just keep doing what you are doing!
- Beauty Beyond Bones – Encouragement and inspiration from someone who has fought and won (and continues to fight and win) the battle with eating disorders.
- Indy Burger Guy – A friend who has excellent reviews of local burgers in our area and also was an invaluable resource to me as I started my blogging journey.
- Cooking Without Limits – Tips and tricks in the kitchen, including tips for food photography.
- Warm Tea, Comic Books, and B-Movies – Great and interesting insight on things
- Nostalgia Diaries – Sometimes it’s nice to be reminded of life as it once was!
- What was your favorite show as a kid?
- What is your favorite thing that other people may think is a little odd? (eg, I love fog… it’s my favorite weather condition)
- Where/what is your ideal vacation?