So you may have noticed that didn’t get a recipe posted this weekend. The beginning of fall is always a little crazy. In the fall, I work at a local apple orchard, and this weekend was our big fall kick-off. It’s always a lot of fun, but I’m pretty sure all of central Indiana decided to come out… SO busy! No worries, though, I have lots of recipes in my back pocket to try and share, so there are more to come soon!
In the meantime, I want to say a HUGE thank you to Roda at Growing Self (http://growingself.blog ) for the Mystery Blogger Award nomination! The recognition and share is always appreciated, and it’s a really cool way for those of us in the blogging community to share the great things we are seeing from fellow bloggers. I know not everyone chooses to participate, but I think it is great fun and lets us all learn a little more about some of our favorite bloggers.
If you aren’t familiar with Roda’s blog, please check it out. She is living her dream of living on and running a small family farm, and her passion for it is undeniable. I particularly like her “Be Still” posts every Sunday.
What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
“The ‘Mystery Blogger Award‘ is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging and they do it with so much love and passion” ~ Okoto Enigma.
How Does It Work:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Nominate up to 10 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question
- Share a link to your best post(s)
3 Facts about Rob:
- My older sister and I are very close, and we talk to each other about everything
- I have never broken any of my own bones, but I did break my wife’s nose when I accidentally hit her with a rock (we had only be dating for about a week at this point).
- I used to be a vegetarian, but was lured back by bacon.
Roda’s Questions for me:
- What is one thing that is on your bucket list (or thing you really want to do in your lifetime)?
- I would love to travel more, particularly to Ireland and the UK.
- How would you describe yourself in a few words?
- hyper-extrovert with simple tastes
- What is your favorite book genre? Your least favorite?
- My favorite is definitely comic books. I know, it’s not exactly high literature, but I’ve always enjoyed comics and superheroes. I also really enjoy Clive Cussler’s Fargo adventures, about a husband and wife treasure hunting duo. Least favorite… I absolutely hate the horror genre. It makes me feel physically ill to watch or read horror.
- Describe the perfect relaxing evening.
- Out to dinner with the family, then come back, put the kids to bed, and enjoy a several episodes of a show on Netflix (probably Parks and Recreation) with my wife and a big bowl of popcorn.
- What is your guiltiest pleasure?
- I love ska music. I used to play in a ska band. I have no guilt or shame about this, but a lot of people make fun of ska, so I guess that sort of fits.
- Another one: I am a grown man, married, with three kids. Yet my favorite foods are total kid foods: pigs-in-a-blanket, corn dogs, chicken fingers… When we go to dinner, my wife Michelle will order a steak and I will get chicken tender with ranch. I’m pretty simple like that.
- What lame superpower would you have? No flying or teleporting… it has to be obscure, semi-useless, and make people say, “……why?”
- What is your favorite pizza topping?
- What was your favorite cartoon as a kid?
- Do you have a favorite YouTube channel/show?
- What are three songs at the top of your playlist right now?
Liz Likes to Bake – https://lizlikestobake.wordpress.com/2017/09/07/gluten-free-apple-cake/ – A great new blog for gluten-free and allergy friendly recipes
the6millionpman – https://the6millionpman.com/2017/09/08/street-photography-olympus-om-d-em-5-105/ – photography from all over Wales, which is on my travel bucket list.
Krysti with a K – https://wordpress.com/read/feeds/51889057/posts/1587480167 – more great allergy recipes and resources
BeaFreee – https://beafreee.com/2017/09/10/august-photos/ – Bea’s blog has some fashion stuff, which is not my bag, but she also has a lot of great inspirational posts, beautiful photographs, and excellent interaction with her readers.
Two Fat Americans – https://twofatamericans.com/2017/09/07/austria-the-hills-are-alive-with-the-taste-of-red-bull-%F0%9F%8E%B6/ – a couple eating and drinking their way around the globe. A great way to travel vicariously!
Indy Burger Guy – https://indyburgerguy.wordpress.com/2017/08/07/year-one-recap/ – a friend of mine who is reviewing burgers from local joints all over central Indiana. Even if you don’t live here, check him out… his reviews will make your mouth water!
The Phosphorus Project – http://phosphorusproject.com/ – exploring what it truly means to be a follower of Jesus.
*I understand that not everyone chooses to be a part of the award nomination process. By nominating the following blogs, I am able to celebrate these new and old friends. If you choose to take part, that is fantastic! If not, no worries! Just keep writing…
Rob’s Favorite Post: It’s hard to say… I quite like the Dark Chocolate Fudge and the Weeknight Barbecue Chicken posts. I also quite like my Vegan Soft Pretzels post, just because they turned out so well… I may need to make more of those soon….